Link building remains the most important and yet the most challenging marketing task:
- Google still uses link signals as the main ranking signal (there are lots of tests and experiments proving this point)
- Just about anyone on the web is either aware of the link price or tired of link building requests, so building authentic (and free) links is getting harder and harder.
The good news is, there are quite a few link building tools that can make your backlink acquisition efforts much more efficient. Here they are:
Cheap to use, Linkody is one of the finest tools you can receive within the price point offered. Since it is a user-friendly backlink tracker, it can be used by individuals that aren’t fluent in technical linguistics as well. With a decent link building index, Linkody can be the ideal tool for taking baby steps into the world of digital marketing.
- Track top pages, not just websites
- Fine starter for link building
- Pricing: $14 – $53 per month
Linkody is a great way to track your important links to act quickly once you lose any (to prevent losing rankings). You can also use it to track your competitors’ links to be better aware od there link acquisition tactics.
2. Link Assistant
Similar to BuzzSumo, Link Assistant thrives on being able to provide a connection with influential sources such as bloggers, authors, and resources. Of course, there’s a lot more to Link Assistant such as guest posting, link pages, and even forum linking.
About Link Assistant:
- Prospecting lists
- Finding and building directories, blog rolls, and resource linking.
- Customized/Personalised emails
- Distinguished through domain authority and age
- Pricing: Free for 1,000 prospects per page, with plans costing up to $499 per year
3. Moz Link Explorer
Moz Link Explorer is one of the first platforms in SEO that started growing its own database of links and assigning its own metrics to each URL.
About Moz Link Explorer:
- Check Domain Authority
- Check Page Authority
- Evaluate Spam Score
- See Linking domains
- Anchor text analysis
- Pricing: $99 – $599 per month, depending on the number of users and the payment option chosen
Don’t put too much emphasis on its DA/PA metrics because these are not what Google uses. But here’s what you need to know about these:
Both DA and PA are relative to the Internet as a whole. If a large authoritative website acquired a billion new links, everyone’s PA and DA would drop relative to that site. Because of this, it’s always best to look at PA and DA in comparison to your competitors.
BuzzStream is yet another link building tool that holds equal opportunities for content marketers. As the world’s largest blog search engine, if you understand the functionality of BuzzStream, there are no limitations to how many links you can build with the tool over time.
- Find bloggers for outreach
- Access email templates that were proven to work
- Organize your email inbox
- Get help with content promotion
- Build your niche through metrics
- Access link analysis tools
- Pricing: $24 – $999, depending on the plan of action you choose for your business
BuzzStream is an end-to-end outreach platform that helps you stay organized and grow your digital PR and link building results, whether you’re a team of one or one hundred.
Based on its wide price range, it does look like a tool that’s suitable for large teams as well as a single professional.
5. Mangools (Formally LinkMiner)
Known for its easy use, LinkMiner (now Mangools) is a backlink checker tool that is capable of helping you in the identification of the backlinks of your competitors, allowing you to replicate them to be better and more well-researched. About Mangools:
- Identifying total and external links
- Embedded link previews
- Evaluation of backlink data
- Incorporation of different metrics for optimization
- Pricing: Free trial followed by the price point of $19-$89 per month
With the entire story of the tool in its name, NinjaOutreach is a link building tool that makes outreach unbelievably easy for your business. Along the same lines as BuzzStream, NinjaOutreach has a massive influencer base whilst being SEO based. This allows most digital marketers to follow through with a fine link building strategy whilst also working on SEO side-by-side.
- Distinguishes results based on Domain Authority, Page Authority, and number of backlinks
- Premade templates
- Clean interface
- Helpful features
- Detailed prospect profiles
- Pricing: $155 – $459 per month, depending on the plan you choose
NinjaOutreach can help you with many link building tactics, including broken link building, expert roundups, infographic link building, competitor link building, resource link building and many others.
The tool has also been branching out into other areas of marketing. It can now connect you to Instagram and Youtube influencers as well as identify and help build relevant leads for your business. Its price point is a bit on a higher level but if you are going to use all of its tools, it is well worth it!
No list of link-building tools is good enough if it doesn’t have a couple of free tools mentioned in its top options. Besides LinkMiner’s free trial, Disavow is a free tool from Google that allows you to disavow suspicious links from your business to allow you to build your credibility.
- A simple upload and disavow process
- Saves time
- List Comparison
- Understanding and analyzing which URLs will be disavowed (and which ones won’t)
- Pricing: Free of cost
Word of caution: Don’t use this tool unless you are a link analysis professional. You can disavow valuable links and hurt your rankings!