Digital advertising has become a powerful platform for organisations and companies to advertise their products and get their brand known.
We’ve done research on the trends and fads as well as the opportunities and challenges of digital advertising trends in 2017. In this article, we will share with you some very relevant facts and concepts such as:
- The Mobile Advertising Trend 2017- Our research reinforces the idea that traditional advertising is “old news” as organisations and consumers shifting to digital mobile advertising in 2017.
- The Major Challenge – Often the major challenges faced by organisations is the lack of information and expertise when it comes to digital advertising.
- The Hottest Trend – We take a closer look at content marketing, which is one of the hottest digital advertising trends in 2017.
The Mobile Advertising Trend
Recent studies show that almost 70% of marketers have begun digital advertising in 2017, either on social media platforms or on internet search engines.
It’s no secret that more and more consumers spend more time online. Even more interesting is how much more free time people spend on their mobile phones. In fact, 72% of consumers check their phone at least once an hour.
On a daily basis, the average person does something with their mobile phone around 120-150 times! These functions can include checking emails, reading articles. making online purchases, and/or doing important research among other tasks.
As mobile marketing becomes more sophisticated, we find even more ways to reach out to customers including, but not limited to:
- Paid social media advertising
- Paid search advertising
- Display advertising
- Behavioral remarketing (or behavioral retargeting)
- In-App advertising
- Programmatic advertising
- SMS and/or MMS advertising
Let us know if you have any questions on any strategies above, by contacting us at Shout.
The Major Challenges
While mobile and digital advertising in 2017 is very popular, it is still a new concept in which marketers are learning how to improve as the field evolves.
As with any new trend, challenges come up which deter a lot of organisations. However, these challenges have solutions if you take the time to come up with a good strategy. Here are a few of these challenges:
- The shift to video ads- Banners still dominate mobile ads. While this is changing, especially with in-app ads, the vast majority are still banner. Banner generally produces a lower conversion rate, which is why video ads are
- Inadequate support into paid search- To be able to get the support and investment you need to grow your business, you have to show investors that there is a minimal risk while promising a strong return on investment.
- This can be daunting for small to medium sized businesses, which is why they sometimes miss out on the rewards from search ads.
- Inadequate Analytics and Expertise– Every business today needs strong analytics to succeed. However, analytics are not enough if you (or someone on your staff) does not know how to interpret this information. Educate yourself to get with the times and learn more about the emerging digital advertising trends.
As we’ve said, the major challenges can be dealt with as long as you’re willing to learn and acquire what you need to get ahead.
Digital Advertising 2017 – The Hottest Trend
Right now, the hottest trend in digital advertising is “content marketing” wherein top-quality content is shown in an educational format, so they can make a wiser decision. Mixing content marketing with digital advertising can help you spread the word to your audience.
One of the main reasons why consumers are always focused on their mobile phones is because they can use it to find information which they need instantly. So now marketers are putting a lot of time, effort and resources into making rich content available to consumers at the right moment, when they need it.
By keeping up with the digital advertising trends for 2017, you can increase your business performance significantly. As you can see, we are now in the digital age where a lot can be gained from mobile advertising.
If you want to get your company in on this trend then contact our staff at digital agency in Melbourne to improve your digital advertising strategy.